|DEADLINE||Open until filled|
|HOURS:||Regular office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours may vary. After-hours and weekends may be required.|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position is responsible to oversee accounting activities by supervising daily activities of accounting clerks/technicians and assists with personnel management matters. The Accounting Supervisor ensures all transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and industry regulations. In addition, the Accounting Supervisor will be expected to work closely with, and potentially act as back up to Regulatory staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Ensures journal entries are posted and recorded accurately and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and industry regulations.
- Supervises daily activities of accounting clerks/technicians by scheduling and assigning work, checking quality of work, resolving questions and issues and monitoring workflow to ensure timely completion of accounting activities.
- Analyze budgets and prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Assess and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- May be responsible for all activities within a specific function of accounting such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and/or regulatory tasks.
- Prepares various financial reports for use by management in accessing financial status of the organization. Assists with company audits and cost studies.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist Regulatory staff with filings, data management, and reporting as required.
- Assist Controller with personnel management matters as needed.
- Assist with special projects and perform other tasks as requested.
- Supervise the process for all monthly department vehicle/safety inspections and reports.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Five-year minimum experience in public or private accounting preferred with special consideration for telecommunications accounting experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via the Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Utility/Telco accounting practices.
- Auditing, cash management and budgeting.
- Industry regulations related to telephone, Internet, and alarm services.
- Skill to
- Proficiently use software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other department programs. Elation experience a plus.
- Perform accurate, efficient keyboarding/typing operations.
- Perform basic-to-advanced math calculations.
- Operate a computerized General Ledger System.
- Analyze data and operational reports.
- Proficiently read, write, use proper grammar, edit, and proofread.
- Effectively communicate with coworkers and outside agencies verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding customer and Company information.
- Effectively lead and train employees to accomplish department goals.
- Maintain awareness of and adhere to established deadlines.
- Adapt to changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks and projects under deadline pressure.
- Effectively handle multiple, potentially conflicting, situations.
- Travel moderately to accomplish department objectives.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||25 – 49%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||0 – 24%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position functions indoors in a controlled office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.