ACCOUNTING CLERK II
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|REPORTS TO:||Accounting Supervisor|
|DEADLINE:||Open Until Filled|
|HOURS:||Full-time work schedule; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position may be required to work overtime as needed.|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position is responsible to process customer payments; perform basic reconciliation, auditing, and reporting tasks; and provide administrative support to the Accounting Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process customer payments including cash, checks, credit cards, and bank drafts.
- Prepare vendor invoices for processing into accounting software.
- Maintain Accounts Payable files in an accurate, organized manner
- Reconcile Company bank accounts and intercompany accounts, including preparation of reconciliation worksheets, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Audit all work orders against engineering face sheets,
- Process work orders in accounting software
- Accurately prepare weekly cash flow models.
- Assist in preparation of audit worksheets and other data requests as needed.
- Assist in monthly and year-end reporting for regulated and de-regulated companies.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Order department office supplies according to established procedures and budget.
- Perform department safety and vehicle inspections as needed.
- Serve as the Safety Committee representative as requested.
- Perform general clerical and organizational duties as needed.
- Assist with special projects and perform other tasks as requested.
- Primary Company Travel Coordinator
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Three years related experience and/or training in accounting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of or ability to learn
- Company policies, procedures, products, and services
- Basic Accounting principles and practices.
- Industry regulations related to telecommunications and Internet.
- Skill to
- Proficiently use software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other department software.
- Perform accurate, efficient keyboarding/typing operations.
- Perform basic math calculations.
- Operate a computerized General Ledger System.
- Use a 10-key calculator by touch.
- Proficiently read, write, use proper grammar, edit, and proofread.
- Effectively communicate with coworkers and outside agencies, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding customer and Company information.
- Maintain awareness of and adhere to established deadlines.
- Adapt to changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain paperwork in a neat, organized manner.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks and projects under deadline pressure.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||25 – 49%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||0 – 24%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position functions indoors in a controlled office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to email@example.com. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.