BILLING CLERK I
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|REPORTS TO:||Billing Supervisor|
|DEADLINE:||Open until filled|
|HOURS:||Full-time work schedule; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position may be required to work overtime as needed.|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position is responsible for maintaining equal access service order flow. Core duties include processing service orders, Letters of Authorization (LOAs), and affiliate billing. This position is also required to post, collect, sort, and distribute mail and work with others in the Billing Department to ensure smooth and complete operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review and verify that service orders are correctly written and implemented for accurate billing.
- Enter information into computer for bills and other related documents.
- Ensure postage machine is in working order and postage is sufficient for demand.
- Manage service order log and print out daily orders that need to be processed.
- Write service order when LOA is received directly from carrier.
- Sort and route service orders and mail to correct department personnel.
- Process billing-related computer faxes, invoices, and e-mails.
- Maintain high level of accuracy and quality of customer bills according to deadline for submission to billing company.
- Prioritize tasks specific to job assignments to ensure quality billings.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain a secure and safe environment during mail opening functions.
- Maintain proper inventories of paper supplies, envelopes, and other billing-related materials.
- Proactively identify and participate in educational opportunities in accordance with Company procedures.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Six months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer Care experience a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via Sierra Tel’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Billing procedures and processes.
- Industry regulations related to telephone, Internet, television, and alarm services.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) regulatory requirements, rates, taxes, surcharges, tariffs, rules, and policies associated with provision of services.
- Skill to
- Proficiently operate general office equipment including personal computer, fax machine, and telephone system.
- Proficiently use software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as basic Internet operations.
- Perform basic math calculations.
- Effectively communicate with customers and coworkers in English, verbally and in writing. Bilingual communication skills a plus.
- Proficiently read, write, use proper grammar, edit, and proofread.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Analyze and solve problems related to specific job tasks.
- Use listening and coaching to facilitate positive outcomes of customer concerns.
- Ability to
- Adapt to changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Learn standard postal and package delivery services, processes, and postage machines.
- Learn and apply new information regarding Company products, services, and software applications.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding customer and Company information.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, and use available information to make independent decisions related to specific job duties.
- Maintain paperwork in a neat, organized manner.
- Calmly and professionally work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Attend to detail in all areas of work and maintain consistency of Company image.
- Follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Represent the Company at community events when requested.
- Travel for Company events or customer needs when requested.
- Work a flexible schedule including day, evening, overnight, weekend, and holiday hours.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||0 – 24%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||0 – 24%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Wearing a telephone headset is generally required.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position is normally indoors in a controlled office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Local travel may be required.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to email@example.com. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.