BUILDING MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN
|REPORTS TO:||Building Maintenance and Environmental Supervisor|
|DEADLINE:||Open until filled|
|HOURS:||Full-time work schedule; 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position may be required to work overtime including weekends and evenings as needed.
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and proper functionality of electrical equipment and systems in all Company facilities. Position also has the responsibility for all phases of building construction and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade all electrical systems in all Company buildings and properties.
- Design and install conduit and power supply wiring systems (above and below ground) to equipment such as air conditioners, charging systems, transformers, alarms, shop tools, and generators while following electrical codes, blue prints, and schematics.
- Maintain records of projects and place orders for materials as needed.
- Work with vendors for on-time delivery of necessary materials.
- Assist in maintaining AC generators, and proper transfer systems.
- Perform periodic inspections of electrical systems and equipment to determine sources of possible defects in order to prevent unexpected breakdowns.
- Attend periodic training to maintain and improve necessary skills.
- Perform other trade work (i.e. plumbing, painting, carpentry, etc.)
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for general maintenance and cleanliness of company vehicle, tools, and equipment.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED).
- Five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, in AC power systems, and building maintenance and repair.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be proficient in the operation of a manual transmission vehicle.
- Must be insurable via the Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Single and three phase power, including 120/208/240 volts.
- Experience in DC power preferred.
- HVAC systems and equipment desirable.
- Current local building codes and National Electrical Code.
- Skill to
- Perform basic math calculations.
- Perform basic use of computer and Internet operations.
- Use and safely handle various tools, power tools, and meters.
- Read plans and schematics.
- Effectively communicate with customers and coworkers in English, verbally and in writing.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Ability to
- Adapt to changing conditions.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding customer and Company information.
- Work safely, using proper tools and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), under all conditions; assure that all others also work safely
- Effectively handle multiple, potentially conflicting, situations.
- Coordinate work functions with coworkers and other departments.
- Complete all tasks with minimal supervision.
- Calmly and professionally, work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain paperwork in a neat, organized manner.
- Make independent decisions.
- Work individually or as a team.
- Travel when required.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||50 – 74%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||50 – 74%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||25 – 49%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The employee may occasionally be exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- The employee may occasionally be exposed to diesel and gasoline fumes, airborne particulates, toxic or caustic chemicals, and other hazardous substances.
- The position regularly functions outdoors with exposure to inclement weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection may be required.
- The employee occasionally works in confined spaces or at heights.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to email@example.com. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.