BUILDING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|REPORTS TO:||Building Maintenance and Environmental Supervisor|
|DEADLINE:||Open until filled|
|HOURS:||Full-time work schedule; 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position may be required to work overtime including weekends and evenings as needed.|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position is responsible to perform a variety of construction and maintenance projects to ensure the good condition of Sierra Tel facilities, equipment, and grounds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Diagnose problems and recommend solutions to maintain and repair facilities or equipment.
- Plan construction, remodel, and repair projects, including involvement of outside services when needed. Oversee projects to ensure timely completion.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and make repairs.
- Install and repair electrical systems and wiring.
- Plan, assemble, install, and maintain plumbing systems and pumps or related equipment.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of buildings and facilities.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as grinders, drills, table saws to repair or fabricate needed materials.
- Work with various hand tools to accomplish many different maintenance tasks.
- Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Read plans and specifications for buildings to assemble needed materials for construction.
- Maintain heating and air conditioning systems.
- Participate in organizing and planning for routine maintenance and upkeep of Company buildings and properties.
- Respond to all service requests and maintenance emergencies.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Move furniture and manage office reorganization.
- Deliver packages between various departments and site locations.
- Perform a variety of grounds-keeping and maintenance duties.
- Other job duties and projects as requested.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED).
- Three to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, in general construction.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via the Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Basic electrical wiring, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Maintenance, construction, and related codes.
- Skill to
- Perform basic math calculations.
- Proficiently use software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as basic Internet operations.
- Read plans and schematics.
- Effectively communicate with customers and coworkers in English, verbally and in writing.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Ability to
- Adapt to changing conditions.
- Learn additional Company software applications.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding customer and Company information.
- Effectively handle multiple, potentially conflicting, situations.
- Calmly and professionally work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain paperwork in a neat, organized manner.
- Make independent decisions.
- Organize and plan for current and future maintenance of many different facilities.
- Lead other maintenance workers when needed.
- Work individually or as a team.
- Operate a lawnmower, weed-eater, and chainsaw.
- Travel when required.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||75 – 100%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||75 – 100%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||50 – 74%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The employee may occasionally be exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- The employee may regularly be exposed to diesel and gasoline fumes, airborne particulates, toxic or caustic chemicals, and other hazardous substances.
- The position regularly functions outdoors with exposure to inclement weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection may be required.
- The employee occasionally works in confined spaces or at heights.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to email@example.com. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.