NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|DEPARTMENT:||Accounting and Regulatory|
|REPORTS TO:||Accounting Supervisor|
|DEADLINE:||Open until filled.|
|HOURS:||Regular office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position may be required to work overtime including weekends and evenings as needed.|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position is responsible to research and analyze regulatory changes and perform related tasks such as: tariff preparation or modification, procedures development and maintenance, complex price quote preparation, rate development, and preparation of data request responses. The position will interface with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), telecommunications carriers, emergency service agencies, and other third parties regarding regulatory, billing, operational, and customer issues. All job responsibilities must be performed in accordance with established deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research, analyze, plan, and coordinate the implementation of Company compliance with regulatory changes.
- Prepare tariffs and tariff modifications as needed to reflect policy and/or regulatory changes, accurately using specific formats, numbering, and coding procedures.
- Import information from billing systems and utilize data to respond to regulatory data requests and audits.
- Prepare and file reports required by regulatory agencies and pool administrators.
- Develop and update rates, pricing, department procedures, and support information for new and modified products and services.
- Provide clarification and assistance to other departments in preparing complex price quotations.
- Prepare Company training materials related to new products, services, tariffs, or policy changes.
- Make recommendations to other departments and assist in implementing new products, services, and public policy program participation.
- Perform complex calculations to enter credit information into customer accounts according to various public policy program guidelines. Accurately adjust billing system to reflect program credits in an auditable manner.
- Utilize all available resources to maintain up-to-date knowledge of interstate and intrastate regulatory issues and tariffs, including tariff activity of other companies.
- Compile, compose, proofread, edit, and print memos, requisitions, correspondence, and other department documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Regular and predictable on-site job attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Travel to attend meetings and seminars as requested.
- May be required to make verbal presentations or preside over meetings.
- May be required to take on the responsibility of new or ongoing project administration, including projects directly involving customers, outside agencies, vendors, and other groups.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Two years related telecommunications experience preferred in a regulatory environment and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via the Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of or the ability to gain knowledge of
- Company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Industry regulations related to telecommunications, Internet and video.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) regulatory requirements, rates, taxes, surcharges, tariffs, rules, and policies associated with provision of services.
- Skill to
- Effectively communicate with coworkers and outside agencies verbally and in writing.
- Proficiently use software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other productivity software.
- Proficiently read, comprehend, and retain information on a professional level.
- Proficiently and accurately, compose written communications, reports, and documentation.
- Perform accurate, efficient keyboarding/typing/calculator operations.
- Perform basic and complex math calculations.
- Analyze data and operational reports.
- Ability to
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding customer and Company information.
- Maintain awareness of and adhere to established deadlines.
- Solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information, and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Respond to technical questions and provide useful information in a clear, understandable manner.
- Adapt to changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain information and files in a neat, organized manner.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks and projects under deadline pressure.
- Effectively handle multiple, potentially conflicting, situations.
- Travel when required.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||25 – 49%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||0 – 24%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position functions indoors in a controlled office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to email@example.com. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.