CUSTOMER CARE ASSOCIATE TRAINEE (Mariposa)
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|REPORTS TO:||Customer Care Supervisor or Customer Care Technical Support Supervisor|
|LOCATION:||Primary reporting location is Mariposa. This position may occasionally report to Oakhurst as required for business and training needs.|
|DEADLINE:||Open until filled|
|HOURS:||Work schedule will include rotating shifts covering daytime, evening, overnight, weekend, and holiday hours. This position may be required to work overtime as needed.|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED:One|
This entry-level position is responsible to provide excellent service to customers by answering in-bound calls regarding products and services to respond to public inquiries on the selection and availability of services, carrying out orders to establish or change service, collecting payments, and resolving basic product or service problems. This position assists customers in placing and receiving telephone calls and provides related services. All customer interactions must comply with industry regulations and established Company procedures for customer verification and documentation. Customer interactions will generally be limited to basic telephone, Internet, and basic technical-related topics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Answer incoming telephone calls and place outbound calls in a friendly, professional manner.
- Maintain accurate records of all customer interactions and transactions by documenting information in customers’ accounts.
- Understand and comply with industry regulations for telephone, Internet, including Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) procedures.
- Prepare for customer inquiries and requests by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Company products, services, and procedures.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
Customer Care Responsibilities
- Assist customers in placing or receiving telephone calls and accessing the internet.
- Provide customer callers with prompt, accurate local and National Directory Assistance information.
- Provide prompt, courteous, knowledgeable support for customers’ basic inquiries and requests regarding telephone, and Internet services and billing. Research information and customer accounts as needed, and provide follow up in a timely manner.
- Process retail sales of telephone and Internet services including taking payments and making payment arrangements.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Refurbish used end-user equipment including telephones, modems, and other items. Follow established procedures for tracking and storing inventory.
- Assist in improving customer service quality by providing feedback regarding customer interactions, recommending process improvements, and identifying new product and service applications.
- Proactively identify and participate in educational opportunities in accordance with Company procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities and projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- One to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via the Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Industry regulations related to telephone, and Internet.
- Skill to
- Proficiently operate general office equipment including personal computer, scanner, and telephone system.
- Proficiently use software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as basic Internet operations.
- Perform basic math calculations.
- Effectively communicate with customers and coworkers in English verbally and in writing.
- Proficiently read, write, use proper grammar, edit, and proofread.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Analyze and solve problems related to specific job tasks.
- Use listening and coaching to facilitate positive outcomes of customer concerns.
- Ability to
- Adapt to changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Learn and apply new information regarding Company products, services, and software applications.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding customer and Company information.
- Work independently under supervision, and use available information to make independent decisions related to specific job duties.
- Maintain paperwork in a neat, organized manner.
- Calmly and professionally, work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Attend to detail in all areas of work and maintain consistency of Company image.
- Follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Travel for Company business needs as required.
- Work assigned schedules including day, evening, overnight, weekend, and holiday hours.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||0 – 24%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||0 – 24%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Wearing a telephone headset is generally required.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position is normally indoors in a controlled office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Local travel may be required.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to email@example.com. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.