CUSTOMER CARE MANAGER
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|REPORTS TO:||Operations Manager|
|DEADLINE:||Open until filled|
|HOURS:||Full-time work schedule; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. This position may be required to work after-hours and on weekends as needed.
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position is responsible to oversee the Customer Care Department, ensuring that Company policies, procedures, and services offered are compliant with all telecommunication industry regulations and provide an excellent customer experience. The position establishes the overall culture and expectations of the department and ensures effective coordination of operator services, customer service, dispatch, and technical support activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Determine long- and short-range goals for the Customer Care Department. Ensure that staffing levels, equipment, tools and resources are appropriate to meet established goals.
- Determine training needs for the department, develop training materials, and coordinate with Supervisors to deliver information and skills improvements effectively to staff.
- Ensure that the office environment and workstation layout allow for efficient workflow throughout the department.
- Oversee department training and ensure compliance with industry regulations for telephone and Internet, including Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI procedures).
- Understand the technical nature of products and services offered by Sierra Tel, and serve as a technical expert to Customer Care and other departments.
- Work closely with all company departments to engineer, troubleshoot, and implement services and technologies while meeting regulatory demands.
- Delegate activities and assign resources to other departments to facilitate collaborated events, such as sales and Company promotions.
- Prepare and follow annual budgets and short-term and long-term plans.
- Work with Customer Care Supervisor to hold regular department meetings, including safety topics.
- Manage Customer Care department staff
- Interview, hire and provide training for department staff
- Mentor, coach, and provide performance feedback to department staff
- Provide for continuing education and training related to industry changes
- Interpret and enforce Company policies
- Address and resolve departmental and personnel issues
- Recommend salary actions
- Update and maintain the department’s job descriptions
- Oversee and administer the department’s automatic call distribution system and telephone operations.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with escalated customer complaints when necessary.
- Oversee and coordinate the Sierra Telephone Directory.
- Delegate activities to the Customer Care Supervisor as needed.
- Approve staff expenditures and department business travel.
- Perform other responsibilities and projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, preferred.
- Five years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via the Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Company policies, procedures, products and services.
- Industry regulations related to telecommunications, and internet.
- All Sierra Tel’s networking products and services offered to the community.
- Skill to
- Effectively communicate with coworkers, outside agencies, and government officials verbally and in writing.
- Proficiently use software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other productivity software.
- Proficiently read, write, use proper grammar, edit, and proofread.
- Perform accurate, efficient keyboarding/typing operations.
- Perform basic and complex math calculations.
- Analyze data and operational reports.
- Ability to
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding customer and Company information.
- Effectively lead and manage employees to accomplish department goals.
- Maintain awareness of and adhere to established deadlines.
- Adapt to changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Effectually articulate technical aspects of the job/products/services to troubleshoot and satisfy customer concerns
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain information and files in a neat, organized manner.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Make independent decisions.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks and projects under deadline pressure.
- Effectively handle multiple, potentially conflicting, situations.
- Travel as needed to accomplish department objectives.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||25 – 49%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||0 – 24%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position functions indoors in a controlled office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.