EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|REPORTS TO:||Special Projects Manager|
|DEADLINE:||Open Until Filled|
|HOURS:||Full-time work schedule; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position may be required to work overtime including weekends and evenings as needed.|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position is responsible for providing executive administrative support for the Administration Department. A high degree of confidentiality and professionalism is required in all aspects of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Effectively answer and direct phone calls and emails.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain department contact lists.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, documents, reports, forms, and emails.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports, business license renewals, non-disclosure agreements and statements of information.
- Maintain electronic and manual filing systems.
- Process invoices, receipts, travel requests, expense reports, and check requests.
- Purchase business cards for employees.
- Maintain Certificates of Liability for Company and Vendors.
- Order, receive and distribute office and multi-purpose room supplies utilizing established purchasing procedures.
- Interface with vendors and the Accounting Department regarding purchasing or billing issues.
- Update and maintain Administration’s Outlook Calendar.
- Coordinate and set up for Retirement celebrations.
- Coordinate testing and awards for high school scholarships and 8th grade math test.
- Process all employee orders for cellular service and maintain Company cellular phone list.
- Perform monthly safety and vehicle inspections on Administration department vehicles.
- Ensures operation of office equipment by troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment supply inventories; and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Accurately maintain multiple databases of information including but not limited to Company equipment and vehicle fleet.
- Process equipment and vehicle registrations and manage insurance cards.
- Coordinate documentation for company vehicle and equipment auctions.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments and provide support when and where needed. Includes set-up of conferences rooms, audio/visual equipment, refreshments, and other resources.
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Team member of the Corporate Events Planning Committee, Safety, and Community Outreach Team.
- Create, update and maintain procedure documents.
- Assist with CPNI and Red Flags training and record keeping.
- Maintain GETS and WPS records.
- Complete all duties in a timely manner with accuracy and with high quality.
- Maintain confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of this job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist and support other departments as required.
- Other job duties and projects as requested.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) desirable.
- Bachelors’ Degree or minimum three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within 10 days.
- Must be insurable with the Company’s standard auto insurance policy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Best practices in administrative support to include, calendaring, meeting and event planning, as well as document routing and record keeping.
- Office management systems and procedures.
- Company policies, procedures, products and services.
- Industry regulations related to telephone, Internet, television and alarm services.
- Skill to
- Perform basic math calculations.
- Effectively use software programs including Microsoft Office, as well as basic Internet operations.
- Effectively communicate with customers and coworkers in English verbally and in writing.
- Proficiently read, write, use proper grammar, edit and proofread.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Ability to
- Adapt to changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding customer and company information.
- Learn additional company software applications.
- Analyze data and operational reports.
- Calmly and professionally, work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Make independent decisions and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain paperwork in a neat, organized manner.
- Follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Travel when required.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||25 – 49%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||0 – 24%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position functions indoors in a controlled office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.