FACILITIES SERVICES SUPERVISOR
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|REPORTS TO:||Facilities Services Manager|
|DEADLINE:||Open Until Filled|
|HOURS:||Regular office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours may vary. After-hours and weekends may be required.|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position is responsible for the supervision, education, training, and overall well-being of the Facilities Services Department. This person will ensure that the daily functions of the department are performed correctly and in a courteous, safe, and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Regularly inspect the department’s vehicles and equipment to ensure they are safe and in good working order.
- Work closely with the dispatchers to ensure that the interface between the technicians and the dispatch/assignment area operates in an efficient and productive manner.
- Participate in regularly scheduled Outside Plant Supervisor meetings. Work closely with the Facilities Services Manager and all other Outside Plant Supervisors to form a cohesive, productive management team.
- Develop the skills of the Facilities Services technicians through training and development activities related to their current and future jobs.
- Identify, correct, and manage any departmental or cross-departmental conflicts or problems.
- Accept and take an active role in dealing with plant-related customer service complaints; listen and take action as needed.
- Train all department staff to work safely while performing their duties and functions; provide a safe work environment.
- Supervise department staff:
- Interview and hire department staff.
- Provide performance feedback to department staff.
- Mentor and coach staff.
- Address and resolve departmental and personnel issues.
- Enforce Company policies and procedures.
- Schedule work hours, break and meal periods, and time off.
- Assign and direct workflow for the department.
- Recommend salary actions.
- Process and approve time sheets.
- Update and maintain the department’s job descriptions.
- Facilitate a positive working environment for the staff.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Occasionally visit technicians in the field during the workday to monitor quality and efficiency of work, safe work practices, and customer relations.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) desirable.
- Five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, in Outside Plant.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via the Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Industry regulations related to telephone, and Internet.
- Various Outside Plant test sets.
- Cross-connects, cable splicing, digital loop carrier systems.
- Central Office functions.
- Troubleshooting, including cable trouble and customer premises trouble.
- Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) and special services, including but not limited to voice over Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) service.
- Rural Utilities Service (RUS) practices and procedures.
- Skill to
- Effectively communicate with customers and coworkers in English, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to
- Lead and work effectively with all employees within the department.
- Work cohesively and harmoniously with management team and other departments.
- Handle adverse personnel situations.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Work closely with community agencies on community projects.
- Work closely with local Internet Service Providers (ISPs) within our serving areas in an attempt to provide the best customer service possible to both the ISP customers and to the Company’s customers.
- Respond calmly and effectively to sensitive inquiries, complaints, and personnel issues.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||25 – 49%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||0 – 24%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Wearing a telephone headset is generally required.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position regularly functions outdoors with exposure to inclement weather.
- The employee may regularly be exposed to diesel and gasoline fumes, airborne particulates, toxic or caustic chemicals, and other hazardous substances.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The use of Outside Plant equipment makes hearing protection advisable, and protection may be required.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.