HELP DESK SUPPORT – INFORMATION SYSTEMS
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|REPORTS TO:||Information Systems Supervisor|
|DEADLINE:||Open Until Filled|
|HOURS:||Full-time work schedule; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position may be subject to call-out during weekends and evenings as needed.|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS:||One|
This position is responsible for maintaining and administering all help desk related activities for the Information Systems computer network.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Resolve all internal help desk requests.
- Install network devices including computers and printers.
- Install and upgrade software for corporate and client needs.
- Repair, troubleshoot, and maintain Intel-based micro-computers.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- One year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, of technical personal computer bench work and help desk support in a networking environment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via the Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
- A+ and/or Network+ certification preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or better desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Work group applications.
- Skill to
- Effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and interpersonally.
- Proficiently read, write, use proper grammar, edit, and proofread.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks and projects under deadline pressure.
- Ability to
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding customer and Company information.
- Learn additional Company, department, and network software applications, operating systems, and hardware.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, and use available information to make independent decisions related to specific job duties.
- Calmly and professionally, work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Adapt to changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain paperwork in a neat, organized manner.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Travel when required.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||25 – 49%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||25 – 49%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may occasionally be exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The employee may regularly be exposed to diesel and gasoline fumes, airborne particulates, toxic or caustic chemicals, and other hazardous substances.
- The position functions indoors in a controlled office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to email@example.com. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.