HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|DEADLINE:||Open Until Filled|
|HOURS:||Regular office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours may vary. After-hours and weekends may be required.|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position is responsible to design, develop, implement, and oversee Human Resources (HR) policies and practices for the Company in compliance with applicable laws and industry-wide trends. The Human Resources Manager will engage in long and short-term planning, and implement Human Resources objectives with the approval of executive management. The position will also provide leadership to the Payroll and Safety functions of the Company and ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain awareness of developments in California employment laws and HR best practices to keep management informed. Research and analyze effects on current Company policies and practices, and recommend changes as needed.
- Maintain and update Company Policies and Employee Handbook with relevant information regarding Company policies and procedures. Assist management in consistent policy interpretation and implementation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees to promote Company engagement and demonstrate appropriate conduct.
- Review and analyze employee benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure legal compliance. Make recommendations for the design of benefits programs, and oversee their implementation.
- Utilize Company Intranet, bulletin boards, and other communication methods to ensure that employees receive timely information and updates regarding Company policies, legal notices, and other work-related news.
- Promote Equal Employment Opportunity and ensure that proper procedures are followed in all employment decisions.
- Oversee the new employee orientation program, fostering a positive attitude toward Company objectives, and infusing the Company Vision Statement into all aspects of the employment process.
- Conduct exit interviews to provide pertinent documents and understand reasons for employee termination or resignation.
- Facilitate communications between management and employees by answering questions and assisting with mediation of work-related disputes.
- Oversees Company safety to ensure employee training and communication for all security, and safety issues.
- Ensure 401(k) plans are administered in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Prepare and implement annual department budgets. Participate in renewal of Workers’ Compensation insurance policy.
- Oversees Company payroll processing; acting as backup when necessary.
- Approve department expenditures and business travel
- Ensure proper handling and maintenance of personnel files and records.
- Monitor ongoing potential legal matters and employment-related litigation against the Company.
- Represent Company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Supervise the Human Resources staff with focus on mentoring, coaching, and performance management.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Consult with management on the use of positive discipline and coach for best practices and effective employee conversations. Assist management with documentation and disciplinary procedures as needed.
- Assist with investigations of management and/or employee complaints and concerns, ensuring the highest degree of confidentiality. Recommend further action based on findings.
- Oversee planning, logistics, communication, and other coordination of Company training.
- Provide employee salary data and related reports to executive management to assist with merit and cost of living adjustments
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Seven years minimum experience in Human Resources management or ten years practical work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in Human Resources management.
- Human Resources Certification preferred, e.g. SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via the Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Federal and California employment laws and regulations.
- Best practices for management of human resources related programs and procedures.
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) regulations and training requirements.
- Company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Industry regulations related to telephone, Internet, television, and alarm services.
- Skill to
- Perform basic math calculations.
- Proficiently use software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as basic Internet operations.
- Effectively communicate with employees and business partners in English, verbally and in writing.
- Proficiently read, write, use proper grammar, edit, and proofread.
- Ability to
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding employee and Company information.
- Adapt to a fluid work environment with changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Learn additional Company software applications.
- Analyze data and operational reports.
- Represent the Company in the community.
- Calmly and professionally work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Make independent decisions.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain paperwork in a neat, organized manner.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Travel when required.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||25 – 49%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||0 – 24%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position typically functions indoors in a controlled office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.