JUNIOR LINE ASSIGNMENT SPECIALIST
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|REPORTS TO:||Engineering Supervisor|
|DEADLINE:||Open until filled|
|HOURS:||Full-time work schedule; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position may be required to work overtime including weekends and evenings as needed.
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position has a primary responsibility for assisting with assigning plant to service orders, assisting Customer Care representatives, and supplying information about additional line requests. Additionally this position will assist the Line Assignment Specialist with schematic updates and revisions. This position will also assist with posting work order information to the various permanent records used by the Company for all Engineering jobs. These records include cable schematics, staking sheet books, route assignment books, splicing diagrams, manhole diagrams and area maps.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with assigning fiber to service orders, both Passive Optical Network (PON) and Active Ethernet Services
- Assist with assigning cable pairs for new installations and verify existing assignments on reconnects and disconnects.
- Assist with assigning Ethernet DSL services, T-1 and T-3 special circuits, and High Bit-Rate Digital Subscriber Line (HDSL).
- Assist with the interpretation of all pertinent information on drawings and transfer (or “post”) to permanent records including cable schematics, splicing diagrams, staking sheets, and area maps in both digital and printed form. Apply accepted engineering practices Rural Utilities Service (RUS) regarding the posting of all work orders.
- Perform cuts, record work, and change all records to determine new services.
- Obtain schematics from engineers and provide instructions to Facilities Services.
- Print and store records for future reference. Be familiar with the operation and maintenance of the copy machine and the Design Jet T2500 Postscript ePrinter.
- Assist service representatives as needed.
- Update Line Equipment Number (LEN) records with Central Office.
- Assist engineers with cable counts on work orders and line extensions.
- Review and verify cable records.
- Check for availability of additional lines for Customer Care.
- Assist Facilities Services with cable and record information on repairs and installations.
- Maintain line assignment.
- Maintain plant records and mapping.
- Assist in-field repair personnel.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- One year minimum related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via the Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Industry regulations related to telephone and Internet services.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) regulatory requirements, rates, taxes, surcharges, tariffs, rules, and policies associated with provision of services.
- Skill to
- Proficiently operate general office equipment including personal computer, fax machine, and telephone system.
- Proficiently use software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as basic Internet operations.
- Perform basic math calculations.
- Effectively communicate with customers and coworkers in English, verbally and in writing.
- Proficiently read, write, use proper grammar, edit, and proofread.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Analyze and solve problems related to specific job tasks.
- Use listening and coaching to facilitate positive outcomes of customer concerns.
- Ability to
- Adapt to changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Learn and apply new information regarding Company products, services, and software applications.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding customer and Company information.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, and use available information to make independent decisions related to specific job duties.
- Maintain paperwork in a neat, organized manner.
- Calmly and professionally, work with a variety of people and personalities.
- Attend to detail in all areas of work and maintain consistency of Company image.
- Follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Represent the Company at community events when requested.
- Travel for Company events or customer needs when requested.
- Work a flexible schedule including day, evening, overnight, weekend and holiday hours.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||0 – 24%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||0 – 24%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Wearing a telephone headset is generally required.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position functions both indoors in a controlled office environment and outdoors with exposure to inclement weather.
- The employee may be exposed to diesel and gasoline fumes, airborne particulates, toxic or caustic chemicals, and other hazardous substances.
- The employee may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Local travel is may be required.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to email@example.com. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.