JUNIOR RIGHT-OF-WAY AGENT
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list. In addition, they do not establish an employment contract, as employment with Sierra Tel is always at-will.
|REPORTS TO:||Outside Plant Engineering Supervisor|
|DEADLINE:||Open until filled|
|HOURS:||Full-time work schedule; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position may be required to work overtime as needed.
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: One|
This position is responsible for land matters including discussions with private parties and public and government agencies to obtain necessary rights-of-way, contracts, leases, and other agreements within established policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receive projects from engineers to determine ownership of property involved using county books and Associate Parcel Numbers (APN) records, which are sometimes accessed online. Create a map of the route and look up parcel numbers.
- Research files for existing Company easements and county dedications on property.
- Prepare rights-of-way documentation associated with engineering projects, including legal descriptions, etc. for property owners.
- Maintain files of existing Company easements, leases, county property records, and survey maps (or “subdivision maps”).
- Write legal descriptions of parcels of land and easements.
- Request and prepare easements from property owners and communicate regularly with property owners, following up on these requests. Meet with property owners and obtain signatures.
- Research real property ownership and condition of title in Public Records.
- Negotiate for and acquire property rights for carrier equipment locations, together with obtaining site surveys, title insurance, and subordination from lender.
- Prepare applications with appropriate drawings for all permits from federal, state, and county agencies, including the Bureau of Land Management and the Forest Service.
- Reconcile concerns from property owners and arrange for corrections and resolutions, before or after work conducted.
- Prepare correspondence, including documentation, pictures, maps, and drawings for legal counsel when customer concerns cannot be resolved in-house.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is an essential function of the job.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet with construction crews to ensure correct work and/or resolve problems.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school desirable.
- One years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the telecommunications field required.
- Knowledge of survey maps and land-related disciplines required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with a minimum of three years of driving experience.
- Driving experience must have occurred after having passed a traffic laws and signs test.
- If relocating to California from another state or country, must have, at a minimum, a valid driver’s license issued by the home state equivalent to a California Class C. The employee will be required to obtain a California driver’s license within ten days.
- Must be insurable via the Company’s standard auto insurance policy procedures.
- Notary certificate desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of
- Outside Plant engineering and design
- Skill to
- Proficiently use software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as basic Internet operations.
- Perform basic math calculations.
- Effectively communicate with customers and coworkers in English, verbally and in writing.
- Proficiently read, write, use proper grammar, edit, and proofread. Print legibly.
- Plan and organize multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Ability to
- Learn additional Company software applications.
- Adapt to changes in procedures and responsibilities.
- Project a professional image in conduct, attire, grooming, and manner of speech.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, and use available information to make independent decisions related to specific job duties.
- Maintain paperwork in a neat, organized manner.
- Calmly and professionally work with a variety of people and personalities, including in public relations.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Follow instructions completely and accurately.
- Effectively handle multiple, potentially conflicting, situations.
- Travel when required.
- Generate easement exhibits using company software.
- Search public records for information regarding property
- Consult proficiently with legal counsel on behalf of the Company
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Seeing: must be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.||75 – 100%|
|Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate in person and over the telephone with customers, coworkers, and industry contacts.||75 – 100%|
|Standing/Walking||25 – 49%|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling||25 – 49%|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing||0 – 24%|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||75 – 100%|
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Walking and/or hiking extended distances through uneven terrain including thick brush and poison oak may be required occasionally.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Safety is an integral part of our business and the responsibility for safety extends to every employee. Your responsibility toward safety at the workplace includes, but is not limited to:
- Proactive involvement in the Company’s Safety Program, including compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Use safe work practices while performing all duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position occasionally functions outdoors with exposure to inclement weather.
- The employee may occasionally be exposed to diesel and gasoline fumes, airborne particulates, toxic or caustic chemicals, and other hazardous substances.
- The employee may occasionally be exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit a resume or application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For faster response, please include the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200.
This position is open until filled.